Jennifer Tanguay is a certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA). She has been an anesthesia provider for over ten years, and has spent the last five years working in Kitsap County.
Jennifer received her undergraduate degrees in both Psychology and Nursing from the University of Texas at Austin. She then earned her Master’s Degree in Nursing as a Cardiac Clinical Nurse Specialist. She worked extensively in both medical and cardiac surgical intensive care units for 5 years, and it was during this time that her passion for anesthesia developed. This prompted her to pursue an additional degree and a career as a CRNA.
In 2007, Jennifer graduated with honors from the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, earning her Master’s Degree in Nurse Anesthesia. During her anesthesia residency, she received intense training in hospital, outpatient and office based anesthesia for both adult and pediatric populations.
Throughout her career as a CRNA, Jennifer has administered anesthesia for over 5,000 surgical procedures in both hospital and outpatient settings. Her experience has included trauma, open heart and lung, spine, neurosurgery, obstetric, vascular, organ transplant, orthopedic, urologic, plastic, oral/dental, and general surgeries. She has been a clinical instructor in the operating room for nurse anesthesia residents, and currently enjoys teaching ultrasound guided regional anesthesia to both anesthesiologists and CRNA’s. She is passionate about her work and is dedicated to the safety and well being of her patients.
Her professional memberships include:
- NBCRNA (National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists)
- AANA (American Association of Nurse Anesthetists)
- WANA (Washington Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- ASRA (American Society of Regional Anesthesia)
- AAPM (American Academy of Pain Management)
- Twin Oaks Anesthesia Services, Instructor, ultrasound guided regional anesthesia and vascular access
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
Jennifer lives on Bainbridge Island, with her husband Jason, their daughter Sylvie, and two dogs, Burton and Floki. She loves being outdoors, and enjoys camping with her family, snowboarding, and Crossfit.